How do museums and gardens support healthy children and families? With their impressive reach and great potential for impact, museums and gardens can launch community efforts to support healthy children and families using interactive exhibits, outdoor spaces, gardens and programs that encourage families to eat healthy foods and increase physical activity. Let's Move! Gardens and Museums
- Overarching Participation Goal: In one year, 2,000 museums and gardens will be Let’s Move! Museums and Let’s Move! Gardens.
- Goal 1: Each year, 200 million visits will be made to Let’s Move! Museums and Let’s Move!Gardens that have committed to offering interactive experiences that promote healthy eating and physical activity.
- Goal 2: Each year, 20 million participants will engage in programming that includes healthy food choices and physical activity with emphasis on after school, summer and school-based programs.
- Goal 3: Each year, 90% of Let’s Move! Museums and Let’s Move! Gardens that offer food service will already offer or will change their menu to offer food options that reflect healthy choices.
- Goal 4: Each year 90% of Let’s Move! Museums and Let’s Move! Gardens that offer food service will incorporate interpretation about healthy food choices.