Our Capital Campaign to raise the necessary money to complete Phase I of the Children's Storybook Garden & Museum is nearing completion. We will be opening the end of September!
Thank you for your continued support!
-Phase 1 2014-2017 This phase will be completed September 23, 2017!
We are almost ready to open!
* The Victorian House Museum is finished! We will be moving in the furniture and setting up our office.
* It's still too hot to plant the gardens, but we are working on all the structures and laying out the pathways with the sponsor bricks. It's not too late to order your brick! Bricks are $50.00 each.
* We still need the gate on the trash enclosure and the last of the fence by the Woodland Garden.
* We still have 2 Gazebo outdoor classrooms that need sponsors: those are $3,000 each.
* Our memberships are now available. Just go to our Membership link and order yours. They are a real bargain, with two extra years included if you purchase before the end of this year, 2017.
* Our first field trips to the Garden start on September 29.
* Please check out the field trip page on this site.
Completed! curbs, gutters, sidewalks: City grant/
* Our property is in the works to get paid off! Thanks to a most generous Kings County farm family! xoxoxoxo
* Grading plan completed Zumwalt & Hansen Engineers
* Grading to be done Larry Bettencourt Completed!
* Grading Equipment Bettencourt Farms Completed!
* Weed scrapping: Mark Fernandes
* $ for winter plantings & trees: Our Friends! You!!!
* 22 Large Trees for the Garden: Our Friends! You!
* 33 Climbing Rose bushes for the front of the Garden: Our Friends! You! They all attended our Jazz Night Fundraiser.
* Out house restoration: Dave and Linda Jones
* Irrigation system: Bennett & Bennett Irrigation
* Plumbing system: Allen Laird Plumbing
* Painting for Victorian & Tank house: The Home Depot
* Kitchen Garden fence: The Home Depot
* Air conditioning/heating for Victorian: Crain's Heating & Air
* Construction Fence for the duration of this project: Champi Fence
* City fees and permits Granted by the City of Hanford
* Nine Gardens sponsored so far! (Find them on the Garden Page)
* Victorian House Renovation Plans Completed!! Errol Vetter!!! Completed!
* Master Plan is being completed by Dan Veyna, our Landscape Architect! Sierra Landscape Designs, Thank you Dan!!!!
* We still need money and building materials for the restoration of the Victorian House. Can you help us?
All donors will be prominently recognized on signage and plaques in the garden and museum.
Naming Rights to the Children's Storybook Garden & Museum may be purchased. That purchase would greatly help us!!!!
What we still need for Phase I:
* Sponsorship of two outdoor gazebo classrooms. $3,000 each.
* Sponsorship for the decomposed granite for the pathways in the Garden $1,000.00
* Sponsorship of the Kings County Farm Garden: $6,000.00
* * "Fund a Foot of Fence for Fifty"
$50.00 per foot or $200 for 5 feet.
* Architectural plans for the Restrooms and the Carriage House
* Emily Falk, a student at Cal Poly, has volunteered to design the Stone Cottage! Thank you Emily!!
* Soil Solutions of Hanford will generously donate all the nutrients and "soil solutions" that we will need!!! Yeah!!
* Tank House Restoration thank you to Lisa and Craig Johnson!
This was our first Capital Campaign brochure, created in 2014. Many changes have been made since then.