What will we do in this garden?
* Look inside the Beginner's Garden mailbox and enjoy looking at the books.
* Sit down and listen to a special story selected just for this garden.
* Choose a bucket and trowel and build a castle or house.
* Use sticks, feathers, leaves and acorns for your house.
* Dig as deep as you can. Try to dig to China, on the other side of the world!
* Dig for dinosaurs and historical artifacts, use the brushes and trowels
* Enjoy the feel of the soil on your hands.
* Make mud pies like your grandparents used to do.
* Wash up at the outdoor sink beside this garden.
Books for the Beginner's Garden
Wiggle and Waggle by Caroline Arnold
Diary of a Worm by Doreen Cronin
Dinosaur Bones by Bob Barner
Dinosaur Garden by Liza Donnelly
The Very Quiet Cricket by Eric Carle
Naming Rights to the Beginner's Garden: $5,000.00
Banner Graphics: *Child Digging by Clair Bloomfield and *Kid Playing in Sand by Keawpiko courtesy of freedigitalphotos.net